Yan Leng 冷妍
Assistant professor in McCombs School of Business, the University of Texas at Austin.
I am a courtesy faculty in the School of Information at the University of Texas at Austin.
I am a core member in UT Machine Learning Lab and affliate with the UT AI and Misinformation Initiative. I also affiliate with MIT Media Lab.
I am a computational social scientist and network scientist using large-scale data sets, network theory, and machine learning to understand behaviors over networks.
I obtained my Ph.D. from MIT Media Lab in May, 2020, advised by Professor Alex Pentland. I hold dual Master's degrees in Computer Science and Transportation Engineering from MIT.
My research is funded by NSF, NIH, Marketing Science Institute, UT Good Systems, and UT McCombs Research Excellence Grant.
Awards and Grants
- Joint with Ying Ding, Yifan Peng, and Craig Watkins, we won the $1M project from NIH AIM-AHEAD program to tackle the issues of black youth mental health in Oct 2023.
- I received the Research & Creative Grants at UT Austin in Nov 2023.
- I received the Fall 2023 McCombs BBA Faculty Honor Roll (Teaching Award).
- I received the research excellence grant from McCombs in Oct 2023.
- Joint with Vinicius Brei, we received Texas Global Faculty Research Seed Grants in May 2023.
- I am thrilled to share that I received the NSF CRII Award from the Computer and Information Science and Engineering (CISE) department in Feb 2022.
- Joint with Junyu Cao, we won INFORMS ISS Cluster best paper award on a paper about information acquisition on crowdsourcing platforms in Oct 2022.
- Joint with Mohsen Bahrami and Vinicius Brei, we received the grant award from Marketing Science Institute in Dec 2021.
- Joint with Junyu Cao, we won the second-prize in the data-driven research in Revenue Management and Pricing on adaptive data acquisition for short-form video platforms in Oct 2021.
- I received the Spring 2021 McCombs BBA Faculty Honor Roll (Teaching Award).